Regional Anesthesia & Pain Management
Adequate pain management with anesthesia is crucial for medical and surgical procedures during and after the post-operative phase. In order to effectively manage pain - while reducing the opioid consumption, including their associated side effects - multimodal pain management strategies have become an important part of the peri-operative care process. Replacing general anesthetic and analgesic approaches in favor of combinations of regional and local methods such as neuraxial anesthesia (spinal / epidural approach), regional nerve blocks (single shot or continuous infusion) are key.
Understanding this importance, B. Braun Medical advocates and educates for the appropriate use of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management to help manage the cost and complexity of healthcare delivery through improved patient and facility outcomes.
With over 600 epidural, spinal, and peripheral nerve block products available, we’re focused on providing the broadest portfolio to not only meet patient needs, but to exceed them.
Peripheral Nerve Blocks
For single shot nerve blocks performed with nerve stimulation:
- Stimuplex A
- Stimuplex D
- Stimuplex Ultra 360
Spinal needle for spinal and diagnostic puncture
- Pencan - Pencil point needle
- Spinocan - Quincke needle
Stimuplex Ultra 360 - Visibility Without Compromise
Our Stimuplex® Ultra 360® Needle is the preferred choice in a comparison study.1 It’s one of many examples showing our commitment to the best combination of needle-feel and ultrasound visibility.
- Better Echogenicity - New X-pattern and clear coating results in better ultrasound visualization and tip identification2
- 360° Visibility - 360° markings designed for ultrasound visibility from all sides
- Higher scores for tactile qualities1
- Available as echogenic stimulating and non-stimulating peripheral nerve block needle
- Cooper, D, van Geffen, GJ, Bruaset, I, et. al. Regional Block Needles–A Matter of Feel and Brightness. Presented at the 35th ESRA in Maastricht, Netherlands, September 2016.
- Internal testing: ETRs JMLY-8ADPR2, NPAK-9VRK2K.