Last Updated: 7/2/2019
Anonymous Data Collection
As a matter of principle, you can use B. Braun of Canada, Ltd.’s (“BOC”) website (“Site”) without informing us who you are. Unless you submit additional information to B.Braun via the “Contact Us” page, we are informed only of the name of your Internet service provider, the data transmitted to us by your browser and the pages that you visit in our domains. For these purposes, we use the program Adobe Analytics. The information collected by this program is only obtained for statistical purposes. As an individual user you remain anonymous.
Collection, Processing and Transmission of Personal Data
Personal data is only collected when you submit the data yourself, as, for example, in an inquiry form on the “Contact Us” page of this Site. Your personal data will not be transmitted to any third party unless you explicitly indicate that this is your wish.
Consent and Use
The submission of personal or business data (including e-mail addresses, names and addresses) is done on an explicitly voluntary basis. In submitting such data you indicate your consent that such data may be collected, stored, processed or used by and/or disclosed to BOC, its affiliates, agents and its third party service providers for the purpose of making contact with you, responding to your requests for information, or for other purposes indicated by you, as well as for the protection of our own legitimate business interests. BOC may also disclose personal or business data as may be required by law or a court order, subpoena or other similar legal instrument. Your consent to our use of your personal data may be withdrawn by you at any time by contacting BOC at email@example.com. You also have the right to access, update and correct your personal and business data in BOC’s custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, by contacting BOC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Third Party Sites
We understand the need to protect children's privacy online (we define “children” as minors younger than 18). We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children. We do not knowingly allow children to register with us, communicate with us, or to use any of our online services.
Security and Disposal of Personal Data
BOC employs appropriate technical security measures to protect your data. BOC will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal data you have provided against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access or use. However, no transmission of personal data, including transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Consequently, BOC, its affiliates, third party service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not make any representations, warranties, or guarantees that personal information will be protected against misuse, loss, or alterations and do not accept and hereby expressly disclaim any liability with respect to any misuse, loss, or alterations of personal data submitted by you.
BOC keeps personal information only as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected, however, some personal information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements.
Governing Law and Data Storage
Transfer of Information
In the event BOC or one of its affiliates is ever sold to or acquired by another company, BOC reserves the right to transfer ownership of the customer information to the acquiring company.
2. The Site is intended to provide general information about BOC, its products and services, and, unless otherwise expressly indicated on a particular page, is intended only for the Canadian market. Any information contained on the Site is not meant to replace the information contained on the product packaging or labeling, and is not meant to replace medical or other professional advice. If you are a patient do not rely on this Site as a substitute for the advice provided by your own health care provider. While BOC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, the Site is not meant to provide specialist advice concerning the products or services of BOC. BOC makes no warranties or representations as to the Site’s accuracy. BOC disclaims all liability and responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE SEEN ON THIS SITE. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL TO DISCUSS ANY HEALTH CONCERNS.
3. Your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. Neither BOC nor any other party involved in creating, producing, developing or maintaining the Site will be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. BOC DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE SITE WILL BE SECURE; OR THAT INFORMATION ON THE SITE WILL BE COMPLETE OR ACCURATE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BOC OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. BOC also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text or images or your viewing of any video or audio from the Site.
5. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise through electronic forms included on this Site, including any non-personal data, questions, comments, suggestions, requests or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used without restriction by BOC, its affiliates, agents and third party service providers for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. You also waive all moral rights in and to any copyright protected works and grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly grants) to BOC, its affiliates, agents and third party service providers, a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive license and right to: (i) use, copy, adapt, transmit, communicate, publicly display, perform, and/or distribute such submitted materials; and (ii) create compilations and/or derivative works from such submitted materials. Furthermore, BOC is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
To request the use of BOC photos, drawings, designs, and images of BOC products provided on this Site, in books and other printed materials, and on-line and internet locations for educational purposes, please contact BOC at email@example.com for more information.
8. Any links or pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties that are provided in this Site are for convenience purposes only. BOC has not reviewed all of the third party sites, or the entirety of any third party website, linked to this Site, and any information, products, services or claims on these third party sites are not endorsed, approved, operated or controlled in any respect by BOC. Such third party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and the linking to off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
9. By using this Site, you agree not to disrupt or intercept the Site or any of our electronic information posted on this Site or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of this Site, and to abide by all applicable federal and international laws, rules and regulations.
10. By accessing this Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.